Sunday, September 23, 2018

Lucy

Well, Dan finally has his own cat now since I stole Jinx from him when she was brought to the house.    In my defense I cannot help that I'm a wonderful person and his first cat took to me.   We decided to look at the local shelter last week and picked out a kitten.    Gavin and I actually looked at the kittens before Dan got there and I successfully predicted the cat Dan would pick out.   The kitten was very timid and not socialized well and it actually reminded me of Jude.   The shelter was actually a little leery to let the kitten go initially but since we don't have a dog and no small children, it worked out.  The cat's originally name was Stubby.   Dan changed it to Lucy since she was shy and timid.    We call her Lucy Liu too even though she's not an Asian actress. 

I've included some pictures to show Jinx's demeanor as well as general pics of Lucy too.







The last picture is also to show how chunky Jinx has gotten too. 

Today I did something I've always wanted to do...I bought Halloween decorations for the porch and the front of my house.    I took Jude with me and tried to involve him in the decisions too.     He helped pick out the goodies that will be put into grab bags for the kids that attend my party on November 3.    I'll be sure to add some pictures of the porch and the front of the house when things are done and set-up.    I'm taking it easy money-wise but I'm excited to decorate in the next week or so.    We have plenty of leaves falling too and I'm even getting the decorated bags that hold leaves too.    I went with ghost bags instead of the standard pumpkin bags. 

Pretty simple update this time! 

1 comment:

  1. Your Jinx situation reminds me of my Diesel situation -- because I take care of him the most, he listens the best to me. I'm surprised that you wanted another cat -- it complicates life. Is it litter-trained? Does Gavin love Lucy?
    I'm glad you are so excited about your decorations. The most decoration we'll have is pumpkins (eventually). You'll have to share those pics when you do. Are you going to go all out for Christmas too?

    ReplyDelete